gbp import-orig's merge into master

hi,

i was attempting to incorporate a new upstream release of
r-cran-bayesfactor into the package repo, but i stuffed it up. i wasn't
expecting there to be changes to remote, and so didn't pull before starting.

i `gpb import-orig`ed the new release in, and then did a `push --all`

the upstream, and the pristine-tar branches pushed successfully, but the
master did not (due to my branch diverging from the remote).

normally when i screw git up, i just `git reset HEAD~n --hard`, where n
is a large number, and then pull again; this would let me start over
with `gbp import-orig`, but the pristine-tar and upstream are already
pushed to remote.

i'm wondering what the equivalent steps are, to what `gbp import-orig`
does with merging upstream into master.

is it just:

git merge upstream
git tag -a upstream/0.9.12-2