Re: <DKIM> Re: packaging Q: package tests have dependencies

Hi,

Le 15/09/2015 09:50, Jonathon Love a écrit :
On 15/09/2015 8:16 am, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 14/09/2015 21:42, Jonathon Love a écrit :
hi,

i'm working on packaging the BayesFactor R package, but the first line
in it calls

library(testthat)

this isn't needed by the package, and so isn't listed as a dependency.
do i need to add this as a dependency, just for the tests?

with thanks

jonathon

I would say yes, as you're supposed to run the tests as part of the
build process.

Snark on #debian-science

thanks. so i would only put it in build dependencies (source
dependencies), and not the dependency for the binary?

with thanks

I think you want the tests to run after the software has been built and before it is put into packages, to check for correctness.

Snark on #debian-science