Re: RFS: gpaw/0.10.0.11364 ITP -- DFT and beyond within the projector-augmented wave method

Hi Michael,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:04:33AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> gpaw-setups is a dependency of gpaw and not very useful independently I
> think?  So I wonder why it should be on the blends page, do we assume
> users might want to install it on its own?

You are correct - it does not make much sense on the Blends page.  I
have not verified before asking for it.  I'll remove it again from the
tasks (which does not mean that I will refuse SoB for sure ;-)).

> Or is the plan to just document the dependency, but not have it show up
> there cause I don't see gpaw-setups on the physics blends web sentinel
> yet?
>
> I am not sure which format it implements for the data files it ships, is
> it some standard that could be picked up by other packages using PAW?

Further remark on the package after having a sponsoring look:  Is there
any specific reason to name the source package gpaw-setups and the
resulting binary gpaw-data.  For a single binary package it is more
convenient to choose the same name for both.  I'm asking just for the
sake of interest since if you decide later for a name change it needs
another pass through the new queue.

Moreover I did two commits to Git:

   1. cme fix dpkg-control
       - fixing Vcs-Browser
       - fixing line breaks in long description
       - does other stuff for normalinsing.
      -> please do do in future or fix the resulting lintian issues
         otherwise

   2. Added missing ${misc:Depends} as lintian was asking you to do

The last commit saying "Upload to new" is not really true until you
comment on the naming choice.