Re: Proper package relationships when a project depends on CBLAS

On 29/09/15 12:08, Felix Salfelder wrote:
On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 12:01:26PM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
At the moment, I am building against libopenblas-dev, but the latter
is not available on all architectures and therefore restricts the
build of the source package (ArrayFire) to the restricted set that
provides it.
[..]
I have looked on c.d.n, but nothing seemed like an obvious solution to me.

HI Ghislain.

what is wrong with a builddep on libopenblas-dev|someotherblas-dev?

do you want to discard the second option in case the first is available
(don't know how to do that)?

cheers
felix

If I use say libopenblas-dev | libatlas-dev, then the generated binary package will have a Depends field with either libopenblas.so.X or libatlas.so.X. Instead, I should probably have libblas.so.X which can be updated via update-alternatives to any of these implementations.

Or should I actually care?

Ghislain