Re: r-cran-elliptic package

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 11:53:05AM +0200, Jonathon Love wrote:
> hi andreas,
>
> >> even if I now have uploaded the package I would like you to create an
> >> autopkgtest suite to run the R file in the tests dir.  To get an example
> >> you might like to have a look into the r-cran-spatstat package.
>
> i have modified the package as follows:
>
>  - added d/tests/control
>  - added d/tests/run-unit-test
>  - added d/README.test
>  - added d/docs file
>  - added a new entry to the d/changelog with UNRELEASED, mentioning
> these changes

Fine.  I'll upload this once the package in new would be accepted.

> tested the package with:
>
>  1. debuild'ed it
>  2. dpkg -i it
>  3. adt-run -B r-cran-elliptic// --- null
>
> (is there a better way to do 3? what i've read is that this leaves junk
> behind on your system. it probably isn't an issue with these simple R
> packages, but is there an alternative i should be heading toward? [i
> gather there are many options])
>
> is there anything i've missed?

I think you want to have a look into debci which does everything in a
chroot.  I'm personally instead of your step 3. simply do

   sh debian/tests/run-unit-test

which is strictly speaking something else than adt-run but is IMHO
sufficient to convince me that the test should run cleanly in a chroot.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on these R packages