Would this be the right mailing list for thermodynamic property tables? eg. steam tables?

Hi

I have decided to teach myself C and about the steam tables I use for my daily work by programming a set of IAPWS - IF 97 steam tables.

It is not yet complete but what I have so far is here.
https://C4rnot@bitbucket.org/C4rnot/if97lib

I was wondering how I might eventually go about making it available once done.  Have I come to the right place?

There is actually a set of steam tables called Freesteam written already by Jon Pye, which I believe is under a GPL licence (sourceforge is down today so I can't actually open its homepage a the moment to confirm) and includes bindings for Python and Ascend which you might consider packaging.
I had some difficulty getting the .deb provided by freesteam to work on Ubuntu, as there appeared to be something wrong with the Ascend package (which I apt-got) on Ubuntu, but it worked when I compiled it (without the ascend bindings) rather than installing the .deb

freesteam.sourceforge.net/

I decided to carry on with my own set nevertheless, as I'd like to make an excel and open/libre office add in.  I've opted for the Boost licence so that I leave myself the opportunity of making the Excel version chargeable and anyone else the opportunity of using it freely commercially - since the IF97 steam formulation itself is already public domain I don't see the need for the GPL protections for it.   It appeared to be the closest to a "do what you like with it" licence.  I presume the Boost licence fits with the  Debian Free Software Guidelines?

Best Regards
Martin Lord