Re: Package with support for 64-bits arch only

Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com> writes:
> I have switched all binary packages with Architecture: any to
> Architecture: amd64 and it did the trick for my test PPA [1].
>
> Please let me know whether this is considered acceptable.

Debian is multi-arch, and so I would not limit the architectures to
amd64 even if this is the main use case.

There are other architectures which may become useful in the near
future, like arm64. Also, often bugs manifest not on amd64, so it would
be very helpful for bug-hunting.

Why don't you just keep the "any" and let the 32-bit architecture FTBS?
The advantage would be that sometimes there is a good soul that fixes
one or the other thingie to let it compile. Porters sometimes do a
really good job there.

Best

Ole