Re: Access to collab-maint

Hi Ghislain,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 06:06:49PM +0100, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> >I vaguely remember that creating a repository on collab-maint need
> >to be
> >done by a DD and requires manual intervention.
>
> The description in [1] does not explicitly mentioned this is
> restricted to DD usage.
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/CollabMaint

It is not restricted regarding *usage* but a DD has to ask for getting
anybody else added.

> >Please give proper why
> >you prefer collab-maint which requires extra work with no visible
> >profit
> >over debian-med/debian-science.
>
> I thought only packages or deps related to scientific packages were
> welcome in
> d-science.

Is there any doc that supports your thought? ;-)
I'm to lazy to find counter examples to what you think but I'd find
five packages very quickly if it wouldn't be so late.

> Since some packages I work on seemed to fit the
> description in [1], I
> thought about using collab-maint instead.
>
> >We have previously packaged non-med /
> >non-science software as preconditions for our target packages and
> >I see
> >no point to derive from this habit for cosmetic reasons.
>
> The one package I had in mind at the moment was bitstring [2], which
> is more of a
> general purpose module but may become an install-dep of future
> scientific packages.
>
> [2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=781540
> Bottom line is I should stick to d-science for this one ?

Yes.  This would simplify things.

> Thanks for your very much for your comments,

You are welcome