MPIR

Hello!

I recently joined debian-science and have packaged MPIR, a fork of GMP which is used by a number of math programs.  In particular, it is a build dependency of Macaulay2, which is ultimately what I would like to see in Debian.  It is also used by things like Sage and Singular.  From what I have read, it appears that folks packaging these projects have been intending to use GMP instead, but perhaps this would provide an alternative.

MPIR already existed in the git repository, as Felix Salfelder had done some work on packaging it about two years ago.  I used his work as a starting point.

Anyway, I would appreciate any reviews.  I'm not a DM or a DD yet, but I have packaged lots of non-science software and my usual sponsor is willing to sponsor this upload unless someone else is interested.

The source package is available on mentors:
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mpir/mpir_2.6.0+dfsg1-1.dsc

Thanks,
Doug Torrance

P.S.  My apologies if this ends up being a double-post.  I tried sending this earlier from another email address but it didn't appear to go through.