Re: RFS: calculix-ccx -- CalculiX CrunchiX is a three dimensional structual Finite Element Solver

Hi Anton,

> it seems, that the current version of the program is 2.8p1,
> you have packaged 2.7. Don`t you want to use newer version?

Yes, unfortunately I realized that after I wrote the RFS. Should have done it
vice versa. First look at the website and then write the RFS. I started the
packaging shortly after I wrote the ITP-Bug[1] last year and missed the new
version.

I have already imported the new version and build a package with the current
version 2.8p1. So yes, I think the best would be to use the newer version as a
first package. I let you know when it's done.

> If not, is it possible to get 2.7 tarball somewhere on their
> website?

Older versions of the program are not available after the release of a new
version. The authors mentioned that on their mailing list[2]. Unfortunately
the list is only available for registered users. Will that be a problem in the
future?

Another Problem: the upstream source tarballs are divided. There is a tarball
with the source code and tarballs for the documentation and test files. I
extract all tarballs in a directory and repacked it to get a single orig.tar
file. I will add a README.source file and document this procedure. Is that ok or
should I consider to use different git repositories. One for the program
source, one for the documentation and one for the test files?

> You have done a great packaging work. I am ready to upload it.
> Just an advice for future uploads, please consider adding
> autotest into the d/rules as well as autopkgtest (DEP-8)
> for continuous integration. If you need an examples of that,
> look some of my packages [1]. Most of them are having already
> such autopkgtest.

Ok, I will look at that.

Kind regards
Wolfgang