Re: Sagemath: going further

Tobias Hansen <thansen@debian.org> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> The problem is that Sage patched libcdd and added features that are not
> included upstream [1]. The changes are actually not that big. The new
> features are in cdd_both_reps.c and the rest should be mostly a switch
> of the random number source to something deterministic, I guess to avoid
> problems with tests.

I haven't had a chance to look at the changes in cdd_both_reps.c, but I
wonder if they really need to be in cddlib, or if this just seemed
easiest at the time. Anyway, it's on my list of things to think about;
polymake, which I'm in the process of packaging, also embeds a copy of
cddlib; in that case it needs to link to the library compiled two
different ways: floating point and gmp arithmetic.

Alas, no definite schedule from my end.