Re: Sagemath: going further

Am 01.02.2015 um 23:15 schrieb David Bremner:
> Julien Puydt <julien.puydt@laposte.net> writes:
>
>> Let me remind you all of this is done by using as many system-installed
>> packages as possible, in order to see which debian packages need to be
>> modified and how. Until now, only maxima needs some love, and we're
>> lacking packages for : libgap, cddlib, rubiks, sagenb, sagetex, singular
>> and jmol.
>
> Maybe I misunderstand what the problem is, but there is libcdd-dev and
> friends in the archive, from source package cddlib. As far as I know, it
> was last uploaded as part a previous sage related effort.

Hi David,

The problem is that Sage patched libcdd and added features that are not
included upstream [1]. The changes are actually not that big. The new
features are in cdd_both_reps.c and the rest should be mostly a switch
of the random number source to something deterministic, I guess to avoid
problems with tests.

If the changes were included upstream there wouldn't be a problem. I saw
that you are mentioned on the libcdd homepage. Do you know Komei Fukuda?
In that case maybe you could try to bring this to his attention? I had
no luck with previous attempts contacting him about a soname policy for
cddlib.

Best,
Tobias

[1]