Re: Packaging parmetis

Hi Wolfgang,

<wolfgang.fuetterer@inemet.tu-freiberg.de>:
> it seems my last mail to the list has been overlooked. That's why I write this
> one again, with more questions which arises recently (and with Sylvestre and
> Anton in the reply-to). ;)

Feel free to ping again if you feel, that your email was missed,

> I uploaded parmetis into the debian-science git repository
> (http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-science/packages/parmetis.git).
> Unfortunately no commit message appeared in the mailing list. Probably I
> missed something? Can someone please check the configuration of the
> repository?

Please, use next time ./setup-repository script which is in
/git/debian-science/packages/.
It will set all necessary parameters properly.

> And I have another question:
> Until now I only take care of the latest version 4 of parmetis. How should I
> handle version 3 of parmetis? Is there a recommended way of maintaining both
> versions in git?

I agree here with Sylvestre. If it is possible we should keep only one version
in archive. Please prepare an upload into "experimental", we will upload
it there and check the functionality. Also it should be checked, whether
all packages, which have parmetis in Build-Depends (if any) are still can be
built against new version.

> How to proceed further? There is still one major lintian warning about about
> hardening. In my opinion a false positive. The hardening flags etc. seems to
> be there. There are also warnings about missing descriptions for the patches.
> Should I do something against that? And there are minor warnings about
> spelling errors.

I will have a look tomorrow. If there is nothing critical, I will upload it.

Best regards

Anton