Re: ITP: sagemath-database-combinatorial-designs -- Databases of combinatorial designs

Am 13.08.2014 10:09, schrieb Julien Puydt:
> Hi,
>
> Le 12/08/2014 23:53, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
>> Am 09.08.2014 12:44, schrieb Julien Puydt:
>>> Package: wnpp
>>> Severity: wishlist
>>>
>>> * Package name: sagemath-database-combinatorial-designs
>>>    Version: 20140630
>>>    Upstream author: Nathann Cohen
>>>
>>> * License: GPL-2+
>>>
>>> For the moment, the package is a single text file containing integers
>>> (mutually orthogonal latin squares), coming from the Handbook of
>>> Combinatorial Designs, 2ed ; but it is going to contain other data in
>>> the future (at least that's what upstream has in mind).
>>>
>>> Notice that I'm a little annoyed by the copyright: Nathann Cohen is the
>>> one who typed the data, but the book is by someone else, and the data is
>>> well... like the digits of pi, probably non-copyrightable...
>>>
>>> I plan to package it for the debian-science project, as part of the
>>> effort to get sagemath properly packaged in debian.
>>>
>>> Snark on #debian-science
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> did you not use pristine-tar when you imported the tarball or did you
>> just forget to push the branch?
>
> I used git-import-orig, which comes from the git-buildpackage package,
> which is a depends of packaging-dev... nothing fancy.

Yes, but we normally use "git-import-orig --pristine-tar" right?

> Source packages are trivially generated using:
> git-buildpackage -S -us -uc

But that doesn't generate the exact same orig.tar.bz2 as it's provided
by Sage.

You don't have to use pristine-tar if you don't want. If you want to
keep it like this for now, consider using pristine-tar when you import
the next release of this package.

>> Also, where did you find the information
>> that it's GPL-2+? The SPKG.txt claims it's public domain:
>> http://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/tree/build/pkgs/combinatorial_designs/SPKG.txt
>>

> Sage itself is GPL-2+ ; they just started this new spkg with a single
> database, but expect to add more in the future -- which might change the
> license... so I took a safe path by using the license under which
> sage-as-a-whole. I knew there was something to discuss on the matter of
> d/copyright: notice the paragraph of my mail starting with "Notice" :-P

With d/copyright we have the possibility to describe the copyright on a
file-by-file basis, also they state it's public domain, so please change
this.

Best,
Tobias