Re: ITP: sagemath-database-combinatorial-designs -- Databases of combinatorial designs

Am 09.08.2014 12:44, schrieb Julien Puydt:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name: sagemath-database-combinatorial-designs
>   Version: 20140630
>   Upstream author: Nathann Cohen
>
> For the moment, the package is a single text file containing integers
> (mutually orthogonal latin squares), coming from the Handbook of
> Combinatorial Designs, 2ed ; but it is going to contain other data in
> the future (at least that's what upstream has in mind).
>
> Notice that I'm a little annoyed by the copyright: Nathann Cohen is the
> one who typed the data, but the book is by someone else, and the data is
> well... like the digits of pi, probably non-copyrightable...
>
> I plan to package it for the debian-science project, as part of the
> effort to get sagemath properly packaged in debian.
>
> Snark on #debian-science

Hi,

did you not use pristine-tar when you imported the tarball or did you
just forget to push the branch? Also, where did you find the information
that it's GPL-2+? The SPKG.txt claims it's public domain:
http://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/tree/build/pkgs/combinatorial_designs/SPKG.txt

Best,
Tobias