Apertium et al. adoption

G'day...

I'd like to join the Science team and to adopt the Apertium packages. The current packages are rather oudated, to the point where Apertium devs have to tell people to install from source instead.

My alioth user is tinodidriksen-guest and I'm on IRC as TinoDidriksen

In addition to the main Apertium package, I'd like to maintain all related packages, and add new ones that are dependencies of newer Apertium language pairs. The list is something like:
- apertium
- lttoolbox: http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Lttoolbox
- apertium-lex-tools: http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Apertium-lex-tools
- hfst: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hfst/
- cg3: http://visl.sdu.dk/cg3.html
- apertium-X monolinguals (too many to list)
- apertium-X-Y bilinguals (too many to list)

I am already heavily involved with the Apertium community, since I am the upstream of CG-3 that Apertium uses in many places, and I help out in their Freenode channel #apertium

CG-3 has an ancient ITP #475452 that I am in the process of taking over.

-- Tino Didriksen