Re: Sponsor - FLINT

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 01:04:23AM +0200, Benjamin Eltzner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to support the "Sage in Debian" project by taking over
> maintainership of the FLINT package. I packaged the current version
> and uploaded the package to mentors:
>
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/flint
>
> I would be very grateful, if you could check whether I forgot
> something, whether it compiles on i386 etc. If the package is ok,
> would one of you sponsor me with this?

Hi Benjamin.

welcome! your help is fully appreciated.

a packaging repo [1] has been created quite some time ago. there has
never been a package release, as 2.3.* does not work well wihout mpir.
two days ago, i updated the repo to flint 2.4.3...

i think git is the right choice to handle packaging efforts. please
consider joining the debian-science team. this will grant you write
permissions to the packaging repositories. feel free to push to [1].

thanks
felix

[1] git://git.debian.org/git/debian-science/packages/flint.git