Re: Alioth /git/debian-science/packages directory

* Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <leo@alaxarxa.net> [140328 12:27]:
> > Moreover several libraries which are currently mentioned in the robotics
> > task are also mentioned in other tasks - so where to put these (and
> > again why).
>
> You are right. But I think that we could find some of imaginative solution to
> solve it ;-)

I think that this is really the biggest problem to solve before
sub-folders can make sense.
While makings more visible and easier to find is always nice (and a
solution that manages that without disadvantages can be even worth a
change if it is only a small to none advantage for most people), there
is this big disadvantage waiting to happen here: Everything can only be
in one subfolder, so there will always be different reasons for the same
project to be in different places. And not all of those reasons might be
visible to everyone and their importance might change over time, making
it even harder for an outsider than it was before.

	Bernhard R. Link
--
F8AC 04D5 0B9B 064B 3383  C3DA AFFC 96D1 151D FFDC