Aw: Re: wxAstroCapture / Astronomy working group

Hi Peter, hi Ole,

> Von: "Оlе Ѕtrеісhеr" <debian-devel@liska.ath.cx>

> >> This is not possible since then you dont build the package from the
> >> sources, but from some pre-generated file. It would sooner or later lead
> >> to a bug report about this fact.
> >>
> >> This is comparable to the requirement to rebuild the "configure" file
> >> from the configure.ac & Co. sources [1]
> >
> > Neither of these options seemed ideal, although I can imagine
> > the upstream project could automate updating the Makefile to
> > avoid this (e.g. as part of a release script, a git hook, or similar).
>
> The point here is that Debian requires to compile the code from the
> source. If the Makefile is generated, it is not source, even if it is
> part of the source distribution.

I have just come up with some initial packaging for cbp2make and placed
it on Debian-Science. It should possibly at some point move elsewhere, but
since there is nothing outside Debian-Science using this at the moment,
it may not be the worst of all possible locations.

I suggest to go ahead with cbp2make as a build dependency and we see to
get both packages matured over time.

Cheers,

Steffen