Re: Request for Ideas - Astronomy working group

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:52:45AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> While there might be a nice chance to demonstrate Debian Astronomy at
> such events (I did similar things with Debian Med) we just need to form
> something that is presentable.  I'm not totally convinced that these
> events are fitting nicely for this purpose since people become
> distracted by the conference programm.  The only thing is to add 1-2
> days in advance or after the conference for a pure Debian Astronomy
> related sprint.

I did not imply that we submit talks/posters to these sessions, since the
deadline for abstracts has already passed or is tomorrow noon (EGU). There
are sessions which may be interesting, at least for me. AGU and EGU have
sessions called Earth+Space Science Informatics which could be interesting
for Debian to attend or to give a presentation there.

I was suggesting that people can meet at/before/after one of these meetings
if they participate anyhow, I hope I am not the only Debian physicist? But
then travelling to Berlin/Potsdam would not be so difficult for me.
Heidelberg, Paris, Canada are something else.

Christian