Re: Request for Ideas - Astronomy working group

Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> writes:
> But as I said, some IRC meeting might do as well for a very first thing.

For me, a Sprint in Potsdam in March (as Steffen proposed) would be fine.

As for IRC, I never used it yet :-)

>> Additionally, the high energy physicists (and usually this includes the
>> astroparticle guys) meet in Mainz (March 24 - March 28), see
>> The annual meeting of the Astronomische Gesellschaft will be held in
>> Bamberg this year... but in late-September... too late for our first
>> meeting.

> While there might be a nice chance to demonstrate Debian Astronomy at
> such events (I did similar things with Debian Med) we just need to
> form something that is presentable.

The natural place to present the blend to the community would probably
be the ADASS, which is held in Calgary, Canada in October this year (if
we can manage to create the blend and do some fundamental work until
then).

Best regards

Ole