Debian: apertium language pairs broken in jessie due to pcre3 update

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 09:29 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:

> I don't think a proper fix is going to happen before the freeze so can
> we have the binNMUs so that apertium works in jessie?

So it is now too late to easily fix this issue for jessie. In addition
some language pairs got removed due to RC bugs being filed and the
automatic removal process removing them. There are three ways forward:

Have Kartik/Francis/Tino upload the latest upstream code and language
pairs to unstable and unblock them for jessie. This seems unlikely.

binNMU all of the relevant language pairs as initially requested, close
the relevant RC bugs and unblock the binNMUed and removed packages.

Remove apertium related packages from jessie entirely. It is fairly
pointless to have apertium in Debian without working language pairs.

Any thoughts from the Debian release team?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise