Re: RFS: flint -- C library for number theory

Hi,

Le 10/08/2014 20:40, Felix Salfelder a écrit :
Hi Julien.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 07:21:52PM +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
Well, git-dpm(1) might not be happy with the way I do things,

(by default) git-dpm complains about upstream changes in the debian
branch. similarly Tobias noticed something wrong even without git-dpm.

but git-buildpackage(1) is... so I'm not convinced the way I do things is wrong.

to be honest, i don't know what git-buildpackage is about (it does not
seem to organize patches in a way comparable to git-dpm). in any case it
looks like a terrible idea to mix up upstream changes with commits to
the debian/* files. please don't do this.

ymmv

Well, some points :

(1) the manpage says git-dpm uses a "patched" branch, and I don't see it in "git branch -a"

(2) git-buildpackage is happy with the current packaging

(3) pristine-tar has no problem checking out upstream tarballs

(4) we're discussing for a single patch which is going away in the next version

(5) I can't help but notice that git-dpm complains about two files containing non-debian change... and one of them is fmpz/test/t-invmod.c which is pristine upstream!

I really have the impression that only git-dpm is unhappy with my package, and that the only reason why it's complaining is that I don't use it. It would be nice to use it, but (4) says it might be quite overkill, and (5) says git-dpm is going to make it hard, since it won't even recognize pristine upstream for what it is.

So, what should I do?

Snark on #debian-science