Re: RFS: flint -- C library for number theory

Hi,

Le 09/08/2014 00:25, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
Am 09.08.2014 00:20, schrieb Julien Puydt:
Hi,

Le 07/08/2014 23:17, Tobias Hansen a écrit :
Hi Julien,

here are my comments:

- Check if the patches from the two NMU's are still needed,
    if not keep at least the changelog entries and write in the
    new entry that they are no longer needed.

Sorry, which NMUs?

Check the PTS and the package that is actually in Debian. :)
https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/flint.html

Both patches are obsolete... I don't know if they're still needed, but the upstream code changed. I would trust upstream : they're quite reactive, so if they were brought to their attention, there is no problem any more.

- Fix broken patch header. If there's a web link or something explaining
why the test has to be disabled, add it please.

I'll have to ask Felix because:
1. it looks like I was the culpr... author,
2. furnished it with a proper header claiming forwarding it upstream
wasn't needed

but I don't remember anything about it!

It also says the test has to be disabled for ntl 6, but we don't have
that version in Debian (another red spot on our status page).

The patch isn't for NTL 6, but for GMP 6, so we do have it. Depending on the version, everything is invertible in the ring Z/1Z or not. Of course that means the tests fail for us... Someone made a better patch upstream which will go in the next version : I have used it.

If you want to have another look, I pushed my latest changes.

Snark on #debian-science