Re: ITP: xmds2 -- eXtensible Multi-Dimensional Simulator

* Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> [2014-01-06 09:28]:

Hi Rafael,

On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 11:58:34AM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
A preliminary version of the Debian package can be built with
git-buildpackage from the Git repository at:
git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-science/packages/xmds2.git

I have added the package to Science Mathematics task:

  http://blends.debian.org/science/tasks/mathematics#xmds2

Thanks for this, Andreas.

I think that the package is ready to go as in Git now. Notice that you can build it with git-buildpackage, but do git-dch will not work. I already prepared the entries in debian/changelog, but had left the trailer line empty. My name is in the Uploaders list, so that it is okay if it appears in the trailer line.

There is still an issue that should perhaps be addressed before the upload, which is the following: the upstream tarball contains a documentation directory with the Sphinx sources and the generated HTML + PDF files. The HTML files are a copy of the XMDS website [1]. It would be interesting to include them in the binary package (or perhaps creates a xmds2-doc new package), probably by building them from source. However, there are no copyright statements nor licensing terms in the source files. I have asked upstream about this [2].

Tell me whether you think that the upstream tarball should be repackage by dropping the documentation files.

Best,

Rafael

[1] http://www.xmds.org [2] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20140106051226.GA28249%40laboissiere.net&forum_name=xmds-devel