RE:Packages maintained by Debian Science maintainers but missing in tasks files

Hello,

here my consideration about packages that I know about and that I am maintaining

clipper:
libccp4:
mmdb:
ssm:
 -> only in experimental. should we put them anyway ?

guidata: python-guidata
 -> false positiv ?

 is a dependency of guiqwt. Should I add it somewhere ? this is a qt
 based toolkit used to build scientific applications

guiqwt: python-guiqwt
 -> false positiv ?

 numericalcomputation:Depends: python-guiqwt
 viewing:Depends: python-guiqwt

mmtk: python-mmtk
 -> chemistry debian-chem or both ?
Description-en: molecular modeling toolkit
 The Molecular Modeling Toolkit (MMTK) is a library for molecular
 simulation applications. It provides the most common methods in
 molecular simulations (molecular dynamics, energy minimization,
 normal mode analysis) and several force fields used for biomolecules
 (Amber 94, Amber 99, several elastic network models). MMTK also
 serves as a code basis that can be easily extended and modified to
 deal with non-standard situations in molecular simulations.

numexpr: python-numexpr, python-numexpr-dbg, python3-numexpr, python3-numexpr-dbg
 -> dependency of pytables

pytables: python-tables, python-tables-dbg, python-tables-doc, python3-tables, python3-tables-dbg
 -> numericalcomputation ?

 this package is use to read hdf5 files (python-tables), so it is of
 general interest. should we add it in other task ?

vitables: vitables
 -> numericalcomputation ?

 this package provide a qt GUI on top of pytables to explore the
 containt of hdf5 files.

pytango: python-pytango, python3-pytango, python-pytango-doc
 -> false positiv ?
 dataacquisition:Suggests: python-pytango, python-taurus

qhull: libqhull5, libqhull-dev, libqhull-doc, libqhull-bin
 -> mathematic-dev ?
 maybe some geometric task but it is not available ?
Description-en: calculate convex hulls and related structures (development files)
 Qhull computes convex hulls, Delaunay triangulations, halfspace
 intersections about a point, Voronoi diagrams, furthest-site
 Delaunay triangulations, and furthest-site Voronoi diagrams. It
 runs in 2-d, 3-d, 4-d, and higher dimensions.

sardana: python-sardana, python-sardana-doc
 -> false positiv ?
 dataacquisition:Depends: python-sardana

tango: liblog4tango5, liblog4tango5-dbg, liblog4tango5-dev, liblog4tango5-doc, libtango-tools, libtango8, libtango8-dbg, libtango8-dev, libtango8-doc, tango-accesscontrol, tango-accesscontrol-dbg, tango-common,  tango-db, tango-db-dbg, tango-starter, tango-starter-dbg, tango-test, tango-test-dbg
 -> false positiv ?
 dataacquisition-dev:Depends: libtango8-dev, liblog4tango5-dev
 dataacquisition:Suggests: tango-db, tango-starter, tango-accesscontrol, python-pytango, python-taurus

taurus: python-taurus, python-taurus-doc
 -> false positiv ?
 dataacquisition:Suggests: tango-db, tango-starter, tango-accesscontrol, python-pytango, python-taurus

so it seems that there is a bunch of false positiv. I imagine that
this is because not all binary packages generated for each source
package listed are not referenced in the tasks files.

In my case, I provide also -doc and -dbg packages in a few of my packages.

Maybe we should also provide *-doc ans -dbg taskes files to put these
binary packages into. What is your opinion about this ?

cheers

Frederic