Xeon Phi

Dear Scientific-Debian community,

I was wondering if there is a motivation to package the driver & its
software suite for the Xeon Phi:

The MIC is a accelerator board from Intel like NVidia Tesla board; the
two main differences are:
- MIC are based on about 60 x86_64 cores running linux (not a GPU)
- all software look like to be free (except probably the bios of the
card)

This represents more or less 1GB of source code, more than 200MB of
rpms, which are often installed using alien (according to what I found
on the web)

I think it would be interesting to have this in Debian, I will build
"something" that can be installed on debian (probably 7) but if other
are interested, we could envisage to make the MPSS (Manycore Platform
Software Stack) available offically for debian which would be a bit
like the SPE of the playstation3/cell processor.

Cheers,
--
Jérôme Kieffer
Data analysis unit - ESRF