Re: Lintian check for d/upstream files (Was: another source of URLs for DUCK: debian/upstream)

Hi Simon,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 02:56:08PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Simon,

> > >I have never written any lintian check so some kind of kickstart would
> > >be great.
> > >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I wrote a _very basic_ lintian check, available here:
> >
> > http://familiekainz.at/deb/lintian/metadata.tgz
>
> That's very cool!  Thanks for your effort!

I have found some issue which is not found by the lintian check.
Please have a look at

   git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-ggplot2.git

which contains an d/upstream file with the line

Cite-as:<a href="http://home.imf.au.dk/jensen/software/gfan/gfan.html";>Gfan, a software system for Gröbner fans and tropical varieties</a>

This is wrong YAML syntax since the separator between key and value is

   ": "

and the space is lacking in the line above.  I might add that in the
beginning the yaml files were parsed using Perl and later I did the
parsing with Python and when doing so I detected several instances of
this syntax issue.  So I assume that the Perl YAML implementation is not
as strict as it should be here - which leads to the consequence that
lintian will not detect it.

I would be very happy if you could inject this check into the lintian
test.