Re: Fwd: RFS: mpfrc++/0~20130902-1 [ITP #723839]

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "mpfrc++"
>
> * Package name    : mpfrc++
>   Version         : 0~20130902-1
>   Upstream Author : Pavel Holoborodko <pavel@holoborodko.com>
> * URL             : http://www.holoborodko.com/pavel/mpfr
> * License         : GPL2+ or BSD-3-clause

Are you sure this is the right license ?

The website says:
  MPFR C++ is free for usage in free projects. If you intend to use it in
commercial application please contact author for permission.

The file mpreal.h says:
    This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
    License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
    version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
    modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
    are met:

    1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

    2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

    3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
    derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

So I would says LGPL 2.1+ AND BSD-3-clause (and maybe non-commercial).

Other than that, I wonder at the benefit of packaging a single header file
as a Debian package.

Also, everytime you update it, you will need to rebuild the packages that
Build-Depends on it to keep them up-to-date.

Cheers,
Bill.