Re: [inventor] please transition from lesstif2 to motif

Hi Steve

On 08/08/2013 09:12, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
If you and other debian-science readers want to review the changes, perhaps
do a test-build and send feedback, I'd really appreciate that.

I've done test builds on Debian Sid in a VM and Ubuntu Precise with backported motif and glw packages. I was able to run the binaries in inventor-clients and inventor-demo and open their 'about' PDF pages.

The 'about' page for revo did not open, but that can be easily fixed by removing the ampersand in line 227 of d/patches/configurability.patch as follows:

+    sprintf(command, "which " PDFVIEWER " >& /dev/null");

becomes:

+    sprintf(command, "which " PDFVIEWER " > /dev/null");

I did run into a problem building the package for i386 on Ubuntu's PPA builders for Saucy, although x86_64 built fine.

 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc_nonshared.a(stack_chk_fail_local.oS):
 In function `__stack_chk_fail_local':
 (.text+0x10): undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail'

If you run into the same problem on the Debian builders you can add the following line to apps/nodes/Decal/GNUmakefile:

CXXFLAGS += -fno-stack-protector

If not, I will investigate further and fix it on the Ubuntu side.

Regards
Graham