Re: [inventor] please transition from lesstif2 to motif

Hello,

On August 6, 2013 01:17:52 PM you wrote:
> Hi Steve
>
> I'm writing to you as you are the last uploader of the inventor package.
>
> As you are probably aware, we are in the process of transitioning from
> lesstif2 to motif in Debian [1].  Most packages simply need the
> build-depends changed from lesstif2-dev to libmotif-dev.  However,
> libinventor contains libInventor.so.0.0.0 which appears to be binary
> incompatible [2], and therefore would require an SONAME bump.

[...]

> Is there anything I can do to assist in making this change?

Thanks for all the patches!  I have applied them to the repository; see
http://packages.qa.debian.org/i/inventor.html .

If you and other debian-science readers want to review the changes, perhaps
do a test-build and send feedback, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks,
-Steve