Re: Maintainers for Sage related packages needed

Am 19.07.2013 08:22, schrieb Andreas Tille:

>> There are still some Sage dependencies which lack a Debian maintainer,
>> namely linbox, singular, flint, flintqs, pexpect 2.0, mpir and gf2x.
>> Most of them are already packaged in the debian-science git (links are
>> on the Wiki page [2]), but nobody has stepped up to maintain them yet.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "maintain".  If it is just the sponsering
> step to verify the packaging and uploading to the Debian mirror there
> might be some solution.  I have no idea how widely known my "Sponsering
> of Blends"[4] offer is known but it was intended to help in exactly this
> kind of cases.

With "maintain" I really mean take care of the package and write your
name in the Uploaders field. But your offer is very much appreciated,
it's always good to have another sponsor available!

Am 19.07.2013 06:38, schrieb Lifeng Sun:
> I updated linbox package a moment ago, could you please review it and
> upload it to NEW queue? Thanks.

Cool, thanks for your quick attention! I'm on vacation next week but
will review it after that next weekend if nobody else did by then.

Am 19.07.2013 04:29, schrieb Dominique Ingoglia:> Greetings,
>       I would love to help with sage... But I am very new to
> packaging... Is there anything I might be suited for?
> Dominique

If you are new to packaging you should start with a package which is not
already packaged and also not a library. The only one of this type is
flintqs. This one does not have an upstream other than Sage, so you
should download it from
http://www.sagemath.org/packages/upstream/flintqs/
also take a look at the patches in the spkg from
http://www.sagemath.org/packages/standard/
It can be extracted with "tar -jxvf *.spkg"
The packaging should be done in the debian-science git.
I'll maybe not be able to answer questions next week, in that case just
ask this list.

Cheers,
Tobias