Re: fpLLL upload

On March 16, 2013 06:55:36 AM Tobias Hansen wrote:
> Am 15.03.2013 13:56, schrieb Julien Puydt:
> > a few days ago, bug #702898 asked to add the static libraries to the
> > libfplll-dev package. Yesterday, I committed a fix to the git repository
> > for the package.
>
> We would not use the static library in Debian, so you don't have to
> provide it just because a bug requests it.

I believe you should provide them, especially if specifically requested.  "Our
priorities are our users ..."

> So I suspect that the guide may just be badly
> worded and should say "providing *only* a static library should be
> avoided".

Yes, I agree.  As pointed out elsewhere in the thread, the Debian policy
discusses three specific cases where *static only* is acceptable.  Otherwise
the expectation is both static and shared libraries are provided.

Regards,
-Steve