Re: [RFC] debian/upstream -- add "Funding:" field

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Julian Taylor wrote:
> > That would improve our ability to show to those agencies that we take
> > care about considerable amount of products produced from their funding
> > initiatives.

> > What do you think?

> Shouldn't there also be some time data associated with it?

yes... and if we could include that information -- I see it coming
valuable -- opinions? ideas?

> or is there a
> international public database with this information? (googling some of
> the numbers brought up no results)

not that I am aware about.  I know that some funders have such
information publicly available (I provided NSF's url earlier) but I do
not think that all of them would

> E.g. IPython got funding from some agency,

yeap -- great news ;)

> but it is limited to two years.

yeap :-(

> I fear that adding this information to probably much longer lived
> packages just collects outdated information over time.

nope... it is like ... a mother -- once she gave you life, you should
dare to forget her name ;-)  quite a stretchy analogy, but not far from
the state of things

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org