Re: [RFC] debian/upstream -- add "Funding:" field

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 09:30:45AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> good... added
>
>  Funding:: One or more sources of funding which have supported this project (e.g. NSF OCI-12345).

Thanks.

> (I have checked -- there seems to be no such grant awarded so should not lead to any confusion ;))
>
> So I see possible examples:
>
> single entry:
>
>     Funding: NSF OCI-12345

This is correct syntax.

> or a list
>
>     Funding:
>      - NSF OCI-12345
>      - NIH XXX-12345
>
> Is that correct approach/syntax?

I admit, I'm not sure whether this is correct YAML.  Any reason to not simply use

   Funding: NSF OCI-12345, NIH XXX-12345

I admit that information is not perfectly structured any more but I
would like to rather keep things simple than fiddling around with list
syntax.  Just a suggestion - otherwise it is your task to check whether
the syntax is correct. :-P