Re: Big Data and HSM - Grau OpenArchive

On 08/26/2012 10:42 PM, Jan Behrend wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 03:02 PM, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Right on then ;-)  There is a package by GRAU, but that will need
> additional work before it can enter the Debian repository.
> I get back to you once it's ready for a first review.
>
>> Feel free contacting me (or the list) for questions on the packaging
>> itself.

Hi,

I just off the phone with GRAU Data.  The are concerned about if putting
the HSM software into the Debian repository will affect their AGPL
license.  As I understand AGPL is compatible with GPLv[23], is it not?
If the license can remain AGPL in the Debian (science) repository they
have no problem at all.  If not, I am not so sure.  They are going to
talk to their lawyers as well and get back to me then.

In the meantime any commnts or experience with AGPL?

Jan

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT fuer Radioastronomie
Jan Behrend - Rechenzentrum

Die digitale Unterschrift dieser Mail kann durch das Zertifikat der
DFN Global Hierarchie überprüft werden:
https://ca.mpg.de/certs/root-DGP/deutsche-telekom-ca2-root-cert.der
Weitere Informationen zur CA der MPG finden Sie unter: https://ca.mpg.de