Re: You can now check BibTeX file obtained from debian/upstream files

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 11:48:30AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> so I could easily associate bibtex entries with packages... or actually
> the reverse mapping would be of interest more -- given a package name to
> find relevant bibliography entries.  In my existing use case I was
> trying to find a package with multiple references so I could take it as
> an example of such debian/upstream ;)
>
> ultimate use case -- tool which given a list of packages returns list of
> bibliography entries ready for use in a publication.

I could imagine several ways to answer this question (my prefered way
would be to use UDD).  Doing this based on the information in the BibTeX
file is IMHO a misuse of the BibTeX database:  BibTeX was invented to
manage citations for LaTeX texts - it was not invented to obtain
information about Debian packages.

So while it would be pretty simple to add the field you were asking for
to the BibTeX file you need better arguments to convince me to do
something that could be done with a pretty simple UDD query way more
reliably.