Re: You can now check BibTeX file obtained from debian/upstream files

On Sun, 02 Sep 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > DebianPackage) could be automatically  filled up -- you already
> > have package names in the .tex table you generate, but not in .bib
> > (which is what I whined about)

> A, this was not clear to me because I somehow fail to see any use case
> for this.  Can you explain what purpose such a field should serve in the
> BibTeX file - perhaps I'm missing something.

so I could easily associate bibtex entries with packages... or actually
the reverse mapping would be of interest more -- given a package name to
find relevant bibliography entries.  In my existing use case I was
trying to find a package with multiple references so I could take it as
an example of such debian/upstream ;)

ultimate use case -- tool which given a list of packages returns list of
bibliography entries ready for use in a publication.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences