Re: RFR: ftools-fv and fitsTcl

On 08/26/2012 10:16 PM, Ole Streicher wrote:
Hi,

I almost finished my work on the "ftools-fv" package (ITP:
<http://bugs.debian.org/682205>):

This is a re-packaging of the "fv" package removed in 2009 (PTS:
<http://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fv.html>; Removal bug:
<http://bugs.debian.org/323469>). Since the name is too short, the
package will be named "ftools-fv". I originally named it "heasoft-fv",
but "ftools-fv" looks more logical for me (fv is part of the upstream
"ftools" package).

A git repository was created on
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-science/packages/ftools-fv.git

* Package name    : ftools-fv
   Version         : 5.3
   Upstream Author : William Pence, Pan Chai
* URL             :
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/lheasoft/ftools/fv/
* License         : MIT
   Programming Lang: tcl/tk, C
   Description     : General FITS file browser/editor/plotter with a gui

Fv provides a graphical user interface to data stored in FITS (Flexible
Image Transport System) files.  Local files can be created, viewed and
edited, files on the internet can be opened read-only through the http
and ftp protocols.  Through the POWplot program, FITS data can be
visualized in a large variety of styles.  An interface to the SkyView
online database allows for searching, downloading, and plotting of
images and object lists for a region of the sky.

Hi,

we had a lot of requests from our users to add fv to our own repository since it vanished from Debian. So thanks for your effort, that will definitely help our institute!

Cheers Jan

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT fuer Radioastronomie
Jan Behrend - Rechenzentrum