Re: Yet another broken git repository: isabelle

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 03:44:36PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> > Uhmmm, that's a shame.  While in principle such opposition is hard
> > to enforce if software is released under a free license I agree that
> > it is probably not a good sign to ignore it.
>
> Yes, legally Debian is allowed to package and distribute Isabelle.
>
> Enforcement of the dislike is social :)

:-)

I mentioned the issue as a remark in the task file to clarify the
situation in the web sentinel.

> > A closed ITP does not mean that the previous work becomes useless.
>
> Yes, that's why the git repo is available.
>
> > Would you mind fixing the Git repository anyway
>
> I don't know what's wrong with it. Your guess is as good as mine.

Are you able to commit the change I proposed (which is just mentioning
author and date of the last change which I obtained from git log).

Any git expert who might be able to ensure that any Debian Science
member will be able to commit changes?

<rant>
I admit that I wished Git would be more rubust for team maintenance.
Most of those Git repositories I checked out to fix some minor issues
caused trouble when trying to push my changes.  I wonder whether there
is some way to enhance this situation.
</rant>