Re: Yet another broken git repository: isabelle

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 01:26:58PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:17:46AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > besides the fact that it seems questionable to work on some
> > packaging which was not touched for nearly 4 years (so some status
> > update of the maintainers would be welcome)
>
> Upstream is very opposed to any kind of packaging of Isabelle,
> especially if it is Debian policy-compliant.

Uhmmm, that's a shame.  While in principle such opposition is hard to
enforce if software is released under a free license I agree that it is
probably not a good sign to ignore it.

> Achim and I have decided not to package Isabelle in Debian, and I've
> closed the associated ITP.

A closed ITP does not mean that the previous work becomes useless.
There might be people who could have interest in a local package / PPA
whatever.  Would you mind fixing the Git repository anyway or do you
think it makes more sense to remove it at all?

We are currently listing it as prospective package in the mathematics
task.  Do you think it might be an interesting hint for users anyway (we
could add a remark mentioning exactly what you said above) to clarify
the situation or do you think it makes no sense to mention this piece
of software at all.  What would be potential replacements?