Re: Please check whether your package is mentioned in tasks files (Was: RFS: FreeFOAM)

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 12:26:57PM +0200, Gerber van der Graaf wrote:
> FreeFOAM will perfectly fit in the physics task.

Done.

> It also might a good
> idea to put freefoam-dev in the physics-dev task, as, once freefoam is
> installed on the computer, it is very easy to develop new libraries and
> solvers for CFD using the CMake modules provided by freefoam.

Just created a physics-dev task containing this single package which
looks way more sparse then reasonable.  We do have several packages
fitting here.  Any volunteer to assemble the binary packages fitting
into Physics development?

> Though OpenFOAM is in the physics task, I think this software will never
> enter into Debian. ...

Added your comments as remark to the task.

> I think, the freefoam package will fit in:
> - Chemistry: used for chemical engineering: mixing, reactive flows

Added.

> - Engineering: (petro)chemical flows, heat transfer, aero-and
> hydrodynamics (avionics, ships)

Added + added freefoam-dev to engineering-dev

> - Meteorology(-dev): for example, it is (going to be) used for studies
> on energy turbine / windmill parks at sea and the effects on the
> Atmospheric Boundary Layer

Added to both (Meteorology + Meteorology-dev)

> - Physics: used for studies on turbulence, boundary layers etc.

Was just done.

> - Simulations

Added.

> I filed a RFS: FreeFOAM bug against the sponsorship-requests package.
> Its bug number is: #676620

Obviosely arrived in new queue - hope it will meet testing before
freeze.

Thanks for your work on this