Re: abinit

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 11:57:38PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> The bad news: it doesn't build in a clean CHROOT:
>
> > === configuring in fallbacks (/tmp/buildd/abinit-6.12.3/fallbacks)
> > [..]
> > checking whether to enable the LINALG fallback... no
> > checking whether to enable the FOX fallback... no
> > checking whether to enable the NETCDF fallback... yes
> > checking for a source tarball of NETCDF... no
> > configure: downloading NETCDF - this may take a while
> > ./configure: line 5648: /tmp/buildd/.abinit/tarballs/netcdf-4.1.1.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> > configure: downloading NETCDF - this may take a while
> > ./configure: line 5648: /tmp/buildd/.abinit/tarballs/netcdf-4.1.1.tar.gz: No such file or directory
> > configure: error: could not download NETCDF fallback tarball
> >     Disable support for NETCDF or download the tarball manually to
> >     /tmp/buildd/.abinit/tarballs
> > configure: error: ./configure failed for fallbacks
> > make: *** [config.status] Error 1
> > dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> > E: Failed autobuilding of package
>
> Must be fixed before an upload.

This is because netcdf in debian is built with gfortran 4.6 but the
default gfortran in sid now is 4.7 (tried in a chroot to build netcdf
with gfortran 4.7 and then I could get past this step but make process
stopped later because of etsf-io which has the same problem, see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=671965).

Not sure what to do next, wait for netcdf or disable it completely
from the package?

Cheers, Óli