Re: Communication on Debian Science Was: (Re: New Debian Science metapackages (Was: debian-science_0.16_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable))

Le Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:07:56PM +0200, Michael Banck a écrit :

> I certainly think this is a great goal, but I have some reservations
> about the process.  You are using debian/upstream, which in no way is in
> some science-related namespace and appears to be for general-purpose
> upstream metadata.  Therefore, I think before wide adoption, this should
> be discussed on debian-devel and/or be a DEP.

Dear Michael,

here is the link to the mini-thread on debian-devel where I asked about using
debian/upstream as a name.

I really want to propose a DEP on the matter, but in my opinion, the best
moment for proposing it will be when the Blends tasks pages will use the data
gathered through the UDD.

This said, if the general feeling is that I should not wait, I can start to
draft something now using the contents of http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy