Re: BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I guess it might be possible to try some regexp magic to get 90% fit for
> BibTeX.  Is long as I do not recieve any positive feedback about the
> BibTeX file itself

consider this email to be an official positive feedback -- I liked
it! ;-)  I just haven't had a chance to give it a try (e.g. try to
compile a pdf with bibitem pointing to each one of those... which might
be a nice test overall during export to spot incorrect entries to avoid
future problems at "user" side)

> be really about patches.  My current approach would be to do some very
> basic check like:  If the authors string has more than 5 spaces but does
> not contain some 'and' inbetween this looks suspicious.
> But what we need more urgently is some specification what we really want
> before we go on writing such checks!

so why just not to make it to be in a bibtex format at once?

NB sorry if it feels that we are running in circles ;)

> authors syntax.  My current reason to show the chance for getting a
> BibTeX file was only to give more people a motivation to add
> debian/upstream files to their packages - we now have two use cases
> (web sentinel + BibTeX).

I am motivated and will start composing them for mine whenever I upload
any new revision.