BibTeX file from debian/upstream data (Was: New Debian Science metapackages)

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:34:40PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> * write a script to gather bib references from
>   http://wiki.debian.org/CategoryPublication
>   into a .bib file

Because it comes to BibTeX files, I'd like to mention that I created
something BibTeX-ish as I like to name it.  It has some flaws,
specifically the fact that the Author format is not following BibTeX
convention to separate more than one author by "and".  I have no really
good suggestion how this can be fixed.  Probably we need to write some
tests, lintian checks etc.  In any case this is something to inspire
your imagination and make suggestions for enhancements.

Please have a look at

    http://blends.debian.net/packages-metadata/debian.bib