Re: ROOT 5.32/00 for Debian Squeeze

Notice: Please do not CC me - I'm subscribed and are reading this list.

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 03:56:37PM +0100, Antonio Salvucci wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	my opinion is not to submit root packages in debian. The reason? It's a
> lot of work and none of us have so much time to do this. I think it's better
> to leave root debian packages in the CERN repository. Actually packages are
> only for unstable release, but probably we can add also Ricardo's ones, since
> they are for the stable release.

I try to rephrase my previous question:  In how far are packages in a
separate repository less time consumning than in the official
repository.  IMHO you are just wasting the cooperation of the team and
considering the fact that several people showed interest in the past it
is rather a question of coordinating team members / organising
cooperation.  We just have established means for this.  My feeling is
that we had a lot of single fighters reinventing ROOT packaging all on
their own to save time ...

And yes, packages for unstable are fine.