Re: ROOT 5.32/00 for Debian Squeeze

Dear all,

I was not packaging ROOT myself, but Geant4 and I am also currently registered
as the owner of the server at CERN.

The reason we keep these packages at CERN is that people often come and leave
(as Stefan mentioned), so we seldom have a person around for a long time that
could maintain them properly in a more centralized repository.

People are more than welcome to take our scripts and maintain them in Debian
Science. I am available for questions one might have. I pushed the Geant4 files
to this alioth git server if I remember well.

As a sidenote, I am not currently using Debian or Geant4 so if anyone feel
like taking over this package it would be very welcome!

Cheers,
Yngve