Re: libmed 64 bits (was: Re: Code Aster version NEW11.0.10 uploaded to SVN)

Da: Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org>
A: Andrea Palazzi <palazziandrea@yahoo.it>
Cc: Debian Science List <debian-science@lists.debian.org>
Inviato: Venerdì 16 Dicembre 2011 1:50
Oggetto: Re: libmed 64 bits (was: Re: Code Aster version NEW11.0.10 uploaded to SVN)

Hello Andrea,

On Wed, 2011-12-14 at 20:50 +0000, Andrea Palazzi wrote:

>        About this problem, I was wondering if it would be possible to
>        build a "libmed64" package beside the ones already built, so
>
>        Could this be done somehow?
> Nobody on this topic? The maintainer of libmed?

D'oh!  I guess that's me and Aurelien Jarno, the only two who have
uploaded.

This might require building twice for the normal and libmed64 versions,
which will change debian/rules quite a bit.

Hi,

other possible solutions could be to build CA without -fdefault-integer-8 etc or remove MED support (or leave it like this, not working); being things like this I'm getting convinced that the best solution for the moment is to build without the -f flags and wait for upstream to fix it: it's the easiest thing to do, and the package will be (hopefully) fully functional.

If upstream doesn't show interest in fixing this issue, we'll think about libmed64 again, but they've always been collaborative; I'm going to test if my solution works as expected: if it does, we can go on without any other effort.

Bye
Andrea