libmed 64 bits (was: Re: Code Aster version NEW11.0.10 uploaded to SVN)

However, the package builds but the executable has a big problems when reading MED files (containing mesh data and results). I'm almost sure that this comes from the use of the flag _MED_USE_SHORT_INT - as a reminder, the process of CA installation from the EDF package builds also the libraries, all with 64bit integers by default ( -fdefault-double-8 -fdefault-integer-8 -fdefault-real-8 ).

About this problem, I was wondering if it would be possible to build a "libmed64" package beside the ones already built, so that we can use that for CA and solve the problem; other advantages of this approach would be of less effort from upstream and a wider user base to use this configuration - I think I'm the only one using _MED_USE_SHORT_INT.

Could this be done somehow?
Nobody on this topic? The maintainer of libmed?

Bye
Andrea